From:
"Grieme, Gary L." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Nov 2005 10:33:10 -0600

In the legal industry, the use of chron files is gradually diminishing.
With electronic records and document management systems, files can be
searched any number of ways so no more need for duplicate recordkeeping.

If eliminating chron files makes you more efficient, does that not trump
the "needs" of the archivists?  Long as your system is sound and they
have access, they should be able to adjust.

Gary L. Grieme
Records Manager
(612) 349-8538