From:
Lura Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Jan 2006 08:03:33 -0800
Hello All,
I would definitely appreciate some distinction for my sake. I'm given
the title Records Officer as a "part" of my job but I do not have any
formal training save for what the State and maybe Federal governments
offer to train me in what to do. I'm responsible for creating retention
schedules, bringing them to the approving committee, doing inventories
of records, and pretty much managing a records program with no records
management background. And its only one part of my job. In fact, I think
it's technically only 10% of my job. It is so hard to get any
direction/action on things that need to be changed, and without the
"real" authority. It is so frustrating...I can't wait to see what ARMA
comes up with. I'm really excited to be a part of this evolving subject.
I am learning so much from these emails, so thanks!

Lura Harrison
Seattle, WA