Date:
Mon, 11 Aug 2008 15:41:31 -0400
On August 11, 2008, Ben Asked:

"Although I know there are no "study guides" for part 6 of the CRM exam, does anyone have any suggestions on how to prepare for it?  Any study groups available?"

To prepare for Part 6, I would suggest the following:

1) Study the notes you took for parts 1-5 until they are second nature.  I beat my brains in studying note cards over and over again to ensure that I didn't forget any of the facts I had learned previously.
2) Participate in the ICRM mentor program, if you are not already.
3) Practice writing sample case studies that are provided in the study guide and then send them to your mentor for grading.  This is a valuable tool that will help you focus your writing skills so you can concentrate on what the question asked.

The biggest issue for me was time.  I don't write very fast so being able to write two well thought out case studies under 4 hours was very difficult.  Practicing beforehand helped.  Your local ARMA chapter most likely has a study group.  I hope this helps and good luck!

Thanks,
Stephen A. Smith, MLIS, CRM, CDIA+
Records Manager
QVC, Inc. Information Services