From:
Chris Flynn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 26 Nov 2006 17:18:04 -0700
Jesse,

I tend to view backup tapes at a more basic level, data integrity vs. record
integrity or IT vs RM. backup tapes are the purvue of IT folks and not
really something we as RM folks want to embrace as ous. The function is IT
based and as soon as we start to dictate to IT what to do with them we have
a problem. A large factor in this is trying to extablish record integrity on
your backup tapes. I am not cnvinced anyone can assure me that record
integrity can be estabblished and/or maintained on them. If what is on the
tapes is not a record and cannot be established as such I don't think we
should try to own it.

Chris Flynn