From:
Chris Flynn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Mar 2007 11:47:58 -0700
John,

I agree, if you have it, can ,aintain it and meet compliance requirments why
tap the budget. As our friend, the Records Manager formerly known as North
Dakota Bill would probably say, f it ain't broke don't fix it. The scenario
laid out in the posting was of a broken system. Given the choices I
recommended not tring to attmept parsing th erecords by cutting and
sleeving.

As far as microfilm being permanent....

Microfilm is part of an overall migration srategy. Once you have filmed the
record and disposed of it, you are committed to the strategy developed.
Regardless of how long you hold on to that version of the mocrofilm, at some
point (usuall TBD) you will migrate the record. The original record is gone.

Chris Flynn