From:
Chris Flynn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Aug 2008 10:02:32 -0600
David,

Good point, but as I recall the discussion in the day, the COI (Total RIM) role was the top of the heap, the true masters of the profession. Anyone who would make the claim would no doubt be a past master of not just traditional records responsibilities. They would have sound understanding of Archival principles and theories, forms management, and process management. They would know system architecture, database administraiton, as well as a deep understanding of business management, and experience with legal research and the court process. Be sure that their firends will all be lawyers, auditors and IT folks.

CIO's are the way they ar efor a reason, COI's well they don't sound like much fun either. :)

Chris Flynn