From:
Maureen Cusack <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Feb 2010 14:14:48 -0800
> Earl,

I share your frustration: 5 Iron Mountain account reps in 3 years. Plus a
turnover in * their* managers and supervisors. Warehouse staff are
consistent, though.  The reason this is frustrating for me is that I had
re-train each new account rep on the history and current progress of our
storage needs - which were and are by no means unique or highly customized.
I actually have been attempting to hold Iron Mountain accountable to deliver
their 'standard' services within the 'standard' service levels, for
example, uploading my company's retention schedule into the online customer
indexing  system within 2 weeks of my request. Each new account rep., and
all other staff, have been utterly bewildered, for three years now, by how
to deliver this service, here in Northern California.  Each new account
rep., at some point, tries to explain their inability to meet my **whacky**
requests, such as transparency for 'trip charge' invoicing, by telling me
that (1) no other customer has ever asked for this, and (2) other customers
just accept that Iron Moutnain is incapable of delivering whatever the
request is. ARE YOU KIDDING ME IRON MOUNTAIN? THAT'S YOUR RESPONSE TO ME?

Maybe a smaller company takes a little more care in passing along customer
account history to new staff. And maybe a smaller company actually knows how
to operate their own backend systems, to begin with.

--
Maureen Cusack
San Francisco, CA