From:
WALLIS Dwight D <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 May 2010 10:38:08 -0700
Thanks, Ginny. Just to clarify: I doubt Mr. Abbott is a CRM; I was just
using the ICRMs Code of Ethics in a more general sense as an example of
professional records management ethics.

Note also that Mr. Abbott claims that he and another BP manager
attempted to resolve the issue and were "just criticized and pushed
aside". The story implies, but does not clearly state, that Mr. Abbott's
subsequent layoff was related to these efforts. However, it is not fair
to say that Mr. Abbott "covered up or ignored" the issue while he was at
BP.

Dwight Wallis, CRM
Records Administrator
Multnomah County Records Management Program
1620 SE 190th Avenue
Gresham, OR 97233
phone: (503)988-3741
fax: (503)988-3754