From:
Chris Flynn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Aug 2011 10:10:30 -0600
Eugene,

If the software is a product of the organization then it should be scheduled. I worked for an org that did beta development on the ERP. The development code was scheduled as permanent.
Teh question of maintaining software that is not the product of the org can be addressed by any reverse compatiblity issues. Once you migrate forward and the system is stable (MS service pack 3?) you should be able to dispose of the old software. The org that developed the softwaare is on the hook for keeping the documentation.

Most folks aren't going to playing in the raw source code without some buy in with the product developers. How did you you get them to let you have access? get eprmission to play? How was it addressed in your contrtact with them?

Chris Flynn