From:
Luciana Duranti <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Dec 2009 18:29:04 -0800
Peter:

The fact that I do not ask the students to become ARMA members does
not mean that I do not mention ARMA.  We have so much instruction
specifically on RM and RM related issues, like the FOIPA, (at least
154 hours over the two years), that it would be impossible for our
students to get through a two year graduate degree without having
read quite a few IMJ articles and many ARMA documents, guidelines,
etc., which of course they get in the library.  In addition, they
conduct research with us as graduate research assistants on RM issues
working with the various RMs in the test-beds, so they know very well
what ARMA and its products have to offer to them.

If there were a scholarly journal, the students would want to have
their own issues to study and re-read over time, to build their
library.  That would be worth the membership money.

Sorry if I gave you the impression that we do  not talk about ARMA in
class or we do not use its output in our various activities...of course we do.

Luciana

At 06:14 PM 07/12/2009, you wrote:

>ARMA offers discounts to their members also as well a regularly scheduled
>webinars. members also have access to individual articles from the IMJ and
>IM for FREE via the ARMA bookstore. In addition there is also the
>iconference website that is available to ARMA members.
>
>considering that I am contacted on a regular basis by archivists and
>archives students who want to get into records management I would think at
>least a mention of ARMA to the students would be beneficial
>
>--
>Peter Kurilecz CRM CA
>Richmond, Va
>Information not relevant for my reply has been deleted to reduce the
>electronic footprint and to save the sanity of digest subscribers

>To unsubscribe from this list, click the below link. If not already
>present, place UNSUBSCRIBE RECMGMT-L or UNSUB RECMGMT-L in the body
>of the message.
>mailto:[log in to unmask]

Dr. Luciana Duranti
Chair and Professor, Archival Studies
Director, The InterPARES Project www.interpares.org
Director, Digital Records Forensics Project www.digitalrecordsforensics.org
School of Library, Archival and Information Studies www.slais.ubc.ca
The University of British Columbia
The Irving K. Barber Learning Centre
Suite 470, 1961 East Mall
Vancouver, British Columbia  V6T 1Z1 CANADA
Tel: 604.822.2587
Fax: 604.822.6006
www.lucianaduranti.ca
Note: This email (including all attachments and content conveyed
hereby) is intended for the addressee, in person or position, only.
Unauthorized use, distribution or action based on this email is
prohibited. No rights of ownership are waived or lost through
transmission, misdirection or interception. If you are not the
intended addressee, kindly notify the sender immediately and expunge
all traces of this email from all relevant data systems.