From:
Maureen Cusack <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 May 2017 13:42:26 -0700
Is anyone else disturbed by this? Scathing indictment by ex-committee
chair, attorney Ken Chasse, about the incompetent and rushed drafting of
CAN/CGSB 72.34.  Drafting procedures seem to have been hijacked by CGSB to
serve Treasury Board of Canada's interests and benefit CGSB financially.

http://www.slaw.ca/2017/02/02/evidence-based-upon-national-standards-might-thereby-be-unreliable/

 I complained to Standards Council of Canada that accredited CGSB and
stands behind, and sells, CAN/CGSB 72.34,  2017.   I asked them to
investigate CGSB and hold them accountable for the botched drafting
process. How can I run a standards-based RIM program, and successfully
mitigate risk for my employer, when a standard underlying my program, that
I take for granted, is unsound? Ken Chase resigned as committee chair in
protest over CGSB's procedures.

Maureen Cusack

Records and Information Management (RIM)

Learning Resources/Library

Douglas College

T 604.527.5087

www.douglascollege.ca

*Opinions expressed herein are my own. *