From:
Larry Medina <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Larry Medina <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Apr 2005 06:28:39 -0700
Hi everyone out there in Listserv Land!!

I'm coming to you from a new account, specifically because I have a
series of questions that I'd like to pose to the List of a
"theoretical nature".   These are questions that related to Records
and Information  Management scenarios that I'M SURE NONE OF US have
ever faced in the real world at work...=)  and the intent of using
this address is so IF YOU DON'T want your response to be public record
on the List, you can elect to respond to me privately. ;^)

If you do, I will gather the responses over a 2-3 week period and post
a message back to the List giving some quantitative data and maybe
some textual information as well, but NONE OF IT will be attributed to
the submitter.

Some of these questions will be on topics we've touched on here and
others will be on scenarios that we all may have faced, or may face in
the future that we are aware of, but may not have a policy or practice
to deal with... like I said... theoretical stuff, because as RIMs, we
all have considered these issues, have policies in practices in place
to deal with them and they NEVER would happen to any of us or our
organizations.

Each question will be identified by a subject RW, IW: and topic.  As an example:

RW, IW: Departing Employees, which will actually be the first one

And what is RW, IW?  Real World, Ideal World  =)

If this is successful and we get some decent participation, we may be
able to gather some data to support establishing policy and practices
where none exists, or they exist but need to be "tuned up" a bit, or
at minimum, may have enough information to bring a topic up for
discussion at work.

If you want to send your response to the List, that's fine with me...
if you want your response to be private, send it directly to me at:

AND IF YOU THINK THIS IS A BAD IDEA, let me know that as well and I
won't bother doing this at all... I'm open to hearing your thoughts on
the idea.

Thanks-

Larry Medina