From:
"McLallen, David" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Sep 2013 19:58:48 +0000
I don't know, Chris - everything I see says exactly the opposite.  Even ARMA (via an article in a recent issue of Information Management) is acknowledging that the next trend is B.Y.O.D. - Bring Your Own Device.  At Boulder County, we (the IT Department, which I am a part of) are encouraging employees to turn in their County-issued cell phones and tablets and use their own - while giving the County a level of control over personal devices that makes some of us rather uncomfortable. (Luckily, I was never important enough to have a County phone, so no one is pushing me to use my phone for business.)  How do they do this? Moneymoneymoneymoneymoneymoneymoney. Any employee who uses their personal phone to do county business can get a stipend of up to $60 per month. For most departments, that's cheaper than paying for County-issued phones.  So here, it's not only "Bring your phone on in" but "Let us use it, password protect it, and give us the ability to remotely wipe it if you lose it!"

David R. McLallen, ECMp
Boulder County Records Manager
303-413-7788

Please promote sustainability - only print emails when necessary!