From:
Lorinda Kasten-Lowerre <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Sep 2013 11:05:38 -0700
Hi, Tom,

I read detective novels almost exclusively.  I remember one where a
motorized shelving unit was sabotaged to commit murder.  There have been
mysteries about lost documents, mysteries set in law firms and libraries,
which you would think would highlight records management issues.

There is one series I have been reading lately set at a research museum.
The lead started out as the fundraiser for The Society for the Preservation
of Pennsylvania Antiques and is now the director of a research museum. The
author is Sheila Connolly.  There are four books in the series.

The agreements between the lenders of the artifacts and the institution,
the logging of holdings, the processes of tracking the holdings internally
and the management of the database of donors and potential donors are
there.  It is not rubbed in your face, in fact, I didn't think of it at
first, and had to look up the author's information.

Although I am associated with Honda, these are my own views and not those
of Honda.

Lorinda Kasten-Lowerre
Records Management Analyst, Senior
American Honda Motor Co., Inc.
Torrance, California, USA
Member - The Orange County Chapter of ARMA International
<Check out Orange County California ARMA's website at ocarma.org
Larry Medina - "RM makes the rules; IT provides the tools".