From:
Tim Barnard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Dec 2004 11:08:28 -0600
I need the help of our Listserv members.  We are currently advertising for bids for offsite storage.  In our specs one line states:

"No hazardous wastes, perishable food items, flammable liquids, etc. stored in same facility."

This comes from a paragraph in an earlier set of specs that said,

"Perishable food goods, flammable items, liquids and any other such materials must be stored a minimum of 200 feet from County records."

Now one of our bidders is asking, "Are companies allowed to commingle other types of storage (for example, household goods, etc.) with Harrison County's records?"

It may just be ammunition against one of the other bidders, but I know this facility (our current vendor) is storing a few unusual items, like a moose head and an astronaut's spacesuit (in boxes!), in their climate control area.

I was sure there was something in NFPA 232 or ARMA's "Records Center Operations" that addressed this, but I can't find it.  Any ideas?  Thanks!

Tim Barnard, Land Records Clerk
Harrison County, Mississippi
Phone (228) 865-4121 Fax (228) 868-1480