From:
Tod Chernikoff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Sep 2016 09:37:43 -0400
Good points Chris!

Glen, I wish it were as east as A, B or C.

Background and assumptions first:

1.  I am a consultant. I work for a ginormous multinational company with hundreds of thousands of employees
2.  I work on three projects in two separate parts of a large federal client - tens of thousands of employees
3.  On both sides I get a great deal of messages that are either not applicable to me or are purely informational in nature
4.  Lots of meeting/invitations and I need to prioritize. For example a productive meeting either internal project or with clients trumps any project status meeting
5.  Contrary to the question, I have probably seem much of what is in my corporate messages as that is on my smartphone, however I can't see client messages on mi device as I do not have a government issued device, so the below applies to the client account.

Process:

1.  Starting from the top (newest) delete pure junk
2.  Look at any informational messages that might be useful (network outages, software updates, etc.)
3.  Now from the bottom, process meeting invitations, triage other (substantive) messages answering easiest questions first and save the hard stuff for last

As ARMA 2016 is coming up soon I will be away but not that far away from such messages. I will have my corporate laptop and since it has a personal identity verification PIV card reader, I can access my client Outlook account via the internet Outlook Web Access (OWA). I will have no access to other client resources, but can be in touch so long as I remember to that ID card.  The joys of technology.

Tod Chernikoff, CRM, IGP, CIP
Silver Spring MD
www.twitter.com/tchernik