From:
"Haughton, Ashley" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Mar 2018 16:55:04 +0000
Thank you for all of your ideas and suggestions! It has all been very helpful, especially as this will be our first year celebrating RIM month. In the end, we have decided to do the following:
1. Create and distribute page-a-day calendars to our records coordinators. They will have a different tip, reminder, or best practice on each day.
2. Weekly challenges (hopefully for weekly prizes and a monthly grand prize - I'm waiting for $) - max 15 minutes
	i. online scavenger hunt #1 - answer 10 questions on the RIM, information security, and/or privacy websites
	ii. submit your list of top 10 most important records to Records Management (we hope this will make a huge dent in our inventory)
	iii. online scavenger hunt #2 - answer 10 questions from information that wouldn't be available if it weren't for records (from the Archives, governance, 	recent anniversary celebrations, building histories, etc.)
	iv. Either a technical-type quiz (e.g. how do you PDF an email?) or submit your top 3 RIM tips/tricks to Records Management. We are leaning towards the 	latter because we hope it will help give us ideas for our new video channel.
3. Launch RIM Tips & Tricks video channel. We are creating a video channel on O365 Stream that will include videos on topics such as:
	-batch renaming files (windows, Adobe Bridge, etc.)
	-using windows search tools effectively
	-using Adobe Bridge to manage digital assets
	-Email clean-up
	-Sharing in SharePoint, Office, and OneDrive
	-Records management procedures/forms
4. Designated Records Officer (coordinators) drive
	-Contact all departments to confirm/designate DRO
5. Training sessions (2 planned)
6. Weekly articles in our staff newsletter (on Mondays)
	i. RIM month launch - video channel launch, register for upcoming training, 1st weekly challenge
	ii. Records Management services - consultations (physical and electronic RIM), storage (records centre, transfers, dispositions), 2nd weekly challenge
	iii. DROs - what they are, celebrate those we have, promote DRO drive, 3rd weekly challenge
	iv. Transitory vs. University Records - how to differentiate, why this is important, promote our shredding services, 4th weekly challenge
	v. RIM month wrap-up - weekly challenge grand prize winner

We are hoping that the ARMA materials will help us when they are released (still waiting...), but are cautiously optimistic that we can pull this off regardless. Thanks again for all of the great ideas!

Ashley
--
Ashley Haughton
Records and Information Manager

This e-mail, including any and all attachments, is only for the use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain information that is confidential or privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, you are advised that any dissemination, copying or other use of this e-mail is prohibited. Please notify the sender of the error in communication by return e-mail and destroy all copies of this e-mail. Thank you.