From:
Bruce White <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Apr 2018 13:28:09 -0400
Jesse,

The answer is pretty simple - there are no consequences for using a
personal account.  Everyone individual knows they are aren't following
federal rules and regulations.  In addition I am certain that most if not
all of the Agencies have a policy against using a personnel account for
government business.  I suspect many of these same agencies prohibit access
to personal accounts on government networks.  But there are plenty of ways
around it.  They are betting the recipients of their messages won't "rat
them out" which is probably true.

As far as I am aware of nothing has ever happened to a senior agency
official except possibly some bad press and a few politicians calling them
out.  And in today's 24 hour news cycle they know the issue will blow over
and be overtaken by another new story in a few days.

Until there are serious repercussions they continue the practice...

Bruce White, CRM, PMP
e-mail: [log in to unmask]
LinkedIn:  https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.linkedin.com_in_bblanco&d=DwIBaQ&c=pZJPUDQ3SB9JplYbifm4nt2lEVG5pWx2KikqINpWlZM&r=b5NZPQUb9_r2rQ3Zd74ATT3aSs9yKyRnJLOhqJvd7fE&m=kdi05HJApycwAS3OURO4w54hBTHve4YjA2e5d27ktdI&s=l8Vqf8CqxlAWDo7cWObnpC2scKtnvlbKGCK72s3-gkU&e=