From:
"White, Bruce" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 12 Jun 2005 13:42:18 -0700
Bill,

Thanks for letting us know about the Beacon report.  Until your message, I
hadn't even heard of the report.  For those who ARMA members, here is the
direct link http://www.arma.org/pdf/governance/0605BeaconReport.pdf.

You are correct; much of the same as before, although Beacon has a couple of
ideas that sound intriguing, at first glance anyway.  In addition to
establishing a closer relationship with Chapter's they also recommend
conducting a marketing audit and hiring a "marketer" (Beacon calls the
position Director of Brand and Integration) focused on branding the ARMA
name and ensuring all materials speak in the same "voice" (Beacon's quote).

The report also recommends, among other things, developing college level RM
courses and establishing relationships with universities (maybe someone is
finally listening to Dr. Eugenia Brumm) and creating a strategic alliance
team.

I, for one, believe the idea of HQ providing more resources to chapters is a
long time coming.  A number of chapter presidents have told me over the past
couple of years they receive little or no support from Lenexa  This is
primarily because of the efforts of the current CEO, who doesn't see (or so
I've been told) the importance of chapters as the front line recruiter for
new members.  Hopefully this attitude will change because without chapters,
I could not see how ARMA would be able survive.

Anyway, enough musings for a Sunday afternoon.  As Bill suggests, read the
report and let the leadership know what you think.

Bruce L. White, CRM, PMP
Manager, Records Management
Sempra Global
619-696-4671
619-696-2534 (Fax)
619-952-7145 (Cell)

"Paper kills-and more
paper kills more."
                Judah Best, JD

"Sempra Global is not the same company as the utility SDG&E or SoCal Gas,
and Sempra Global is not regulated by the California Public Utilities
Commission."