From:
Pat Franks <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Dec 2009 11:50:08 -0500
I agree with Luciana.  While the idea of a refereed journal did not work in
the print-based world of the past, it may very well be a different story in
today's digital environment. I know that ARMA is facing a loss of revenue
from membership and the conference this year, but this may be a very good
way to enhance ARMA's image as a 'professional' organization that provides
value for members.

Pat

Patricia C. Franks, Ph.D., CRM
San Jose State University

>>>Instead of simply speculating that it cannot be done without a great
expense for everybody, why doesn't ARMA conduct a cost-benefit analysis of
having a refereed journal (rather than just a survey of membership?  you
cannot survey potential members really)?  I am sure that I and the others
who support the idea can put together a business case if needed.

Luciana>>>