From:
David Gaynon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 May 2010 08:14:18 -0700
According to a February 2010 Morningstar report one of the country's largest storage vendor charges an average of $3/box/year. Of course storage costs are only a part of ones cost and what you actually pay may significantly vary.  In addition to what John has indicated below vendors frequently charge a handling charge so to pull a box you pay R (retrieval charge) + H (handling charge to load and unload the truck) + T (transportation charge).  In my view the best way is to look at your historic activity and compare multiple vendors.  Also consider what exit charges you may face if you need to change vendors.

David B. Gaynon
Huntington Beach CA, USA