From:
John Phillips <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 May 2010 15:30:31 -0400
Well,

I just downloaded it and here is some info and my OPINION:

Table of Contents is:
What is it?
Why is it important?
How is a Records Retention Schedule Created?
What Happens if Destroyed Records Are Requested?
Basic Distributed Records Retention Schedule (example)
Detailed Records Retention Schedule with Support (example)
Steps to Success
Implementation

It contains this disclaimer: "*Please Note that this is only a guide, and
that you should check with your legal department prior to implementing your
own Records Retention Program."

All in 6 pages. Actually 4 if you realize the front page and last page
contain no informational content. The Implementation "section" is a
paragraph that contains this direction ... " It is also recommended that
experts in the field such as current AIIM Master designees and Certified
Records Managers (CRM) have tremendous experience with such implementations
and can assist with the design and
implementation of a Records Retention program." Then in directs one to AIIM,
but not ARMA or the ICRM.

My OPINION is that is a nice introduction to the subject and would be good
reading for management, lawyers, and those new to Records Management. It
does not cover thorny issues like legal/regulatory research, integrating a
retention schedule into an ERM system, validating a retention schedule, etc.
It definitely promotes AIIM and its training programs - as would be
expected.

Valuable as a brief introduction.

John

John Phillips