From:
Peter Kurilecz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Peter Kurilecz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Mar 2005 16:21:45 -0500
On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 14:07:06 -0700, Amy Conant
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>  In looking at all of them I have come up with the following.  Any additions would be welcome.
>
> Records Manager
>
> Develop and design a records system and practice
> Develop and monitor retention schedules
> Train staff in records management for their organization
> Be a liaison with divisions in the organization on records management
> Adherence to professional codes of ethics.

here are some more
Manage the Record Retention Policy
Establish procedures and processes
Educate all company employees on the policy
Train and coordinate activities of record coordinators
Enforce compliance mechanisms and assist with internal compliance audits
Manage special record holds
Continually update and improve the Record Retention Policy and
Retention Schedules and processes.
Address electronic and on/off site physical storage requirements
Oversee permanent disposal of expired electronic and paper records
Report annually to senior management on compliance

Peterk