From:
Jesse Wilkins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Mar 2007 10:56:18 -0600
I respectfully disagree with Robert - users do NOT successfully do this with
100+ items a day each. Seriously - outside email most users don't see 100+
items a day, even in electronic format. Some of you may. But most casual
users are not creating, declaring, and managing 100+ paper items a day.
*That's* the challenge that email brings that we don't see even with other
electronic information formats - most users don't have to deal with 100+
Word documents a day either.

Individuals may be able to drag "important" (their term, not mine, maybe
useful for you in rolling it out) messages into folders, and then the
inaptly named "email archival" application can take over from there, pulling
it into an ERMS, setting retention, etc. But to suggest that you'll get all
20,000, or even all 200, employees to do this consistently, correctly, and
accurately is I think overly optimistic.

Cheers,

Jesse Wilkins
CDIA+, edp, LIT, ICP, ermm, ecmm
J Wilkins & Associates