From:
"Roach, Bill" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Apr 2007 16:50:20 -0500
>>Since the records are dry, and have been dry for quite a while now,
they pose no problem.<<

I would suggest that you might want to get another opinion.  I have had
to deal with it in the past and the warnings have always been to tread
carefully.  Mold spores on dried records are not dead, only waiting for
proper growing conditions (Read noses and eyes of folks exposed.)

Here is a link to some recommendations from OSHA:
http://www.osha.gov/dts/shib/shib101003.html

"As a general rule, simply killing the mold, for example, with biocide
is not enough. The mold must be removed, since the chemicals and
proteins, which can cause a reaction in humans, are present even in dead
mold."

Bill R

Bill Roach,  CRM
Manager, Corporate Records