From:
Jesse Wilkins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Sep 2007 10:02:23 -0600
Hi Molly,

I recommend Patrick Lambe's excellent book, "Organising Knowledge:
Taxonomies, Knowledge and Organisational Effectiveness". It's pricey at
$69.95 on Amazon, but it's very good.

You might also check out David Weinberger's excellent book, "Everything is
Miscellaneous" - not specific to taxonomy, but an interesting broad
discussion of where and how to classify "stuff". Talks a bit about ordering
and levels of classification as well as facets.

You can also check out the Taxonomy Community of Practice Yahoo! group, at
http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/TaxoCoP/. Patrick is out there, as is
Seth Earley of Earley & Associates.

I follow a couple of blogs that relate either to taxonomies specifically or
to enterprise search, which is a superset of taxonomies. You can find them
here:
http://taxonomy2watch.blogspot.com/
http://search20.blogspot.com/
http://gilbane.com/search_blog/

Finally, there are a number of consulting firms that can provide assistance
if needed - full disclosure, we're one of them, but by no means the only
one.

Hope this helps - feel free to contact me directly if I can provide
additional information.

Cheers,

Jesse Wilkins