From:
Jesse Wilkins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Jun 2010 15:42:34 -0600
Hi Ken,

1. I have used Adobe Connect and Articulate and both of them are pretty easy
to use with PowerPoint to produce online training materials. I think ARMA
still uses Adobe Connect for its webinars. When I did the last ARMA webinar
I did, they provided the license so I don't know how much it costs.
Articulate is $700-$1500 depending on what modules you get but it includes
some scripting, the ability to do quizzes and exercises, etc. and is pretty
powerful.

2. I and my firm produce e-learning - again, using Articulate. By way of
example, we developed the AIIM Email Certificate Program and the 2009 update
to the AIIM ERM Certificate Program. Happy to talk with you off-line.

There are tons of other firms out there as well; a good starting point for
firms that specialize in that is the American Society for Training and
Development (http://www.astd.org). I think part of your issue will be the
knowledge transfer between subject matter experts and the training firm, but
if you already have content written, it might go fairly smoothly.

3. You might also check with your state archives or whoever oversees RM for
your agency - they may already have training materials that can be delivered
"as-is" or tweaked; in fact even if they don't have online versions they may
have PPT-ware that you could record and turn into online modules using the
tools above or others. I know there are other states that provide similar
sorts of things to their agencies; not sure what would be involved in
getting permission to reuse them but you might check around. I think WA has
some stuff, MO has some stuff, MI I think, and I'm sure there are others.

Hope this helps - let me know if I can provide any additional information.

Cheers,

Jesse Wilkins, CRM
(303) 574-0749 direct
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/jessewilkins