From:
Jesse Wilkins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 3 Mar 2012 22:25:33 -0700
Hi Alex,

(AIIM guy again - full disclosure etc.)

Sorry to hear your comments. I don't know what the SharePoint course
contains but a) I will as I am taking it in 10 days and will become the
primary AIIM trainer for that and b) the consulting firm that developed that
course for AIIM is also the first to get their RM add-on for SharePoint 2010
certified under US DOD 5015.2 so I wouldn't discredit them.

More broadly, AIIM is not valuable merely or mostly for vendors. Most of the
members of our community are end users from a broad spectrum of industries
and roles including US government, financial services, manufacturing,
retail, and others. I have been a professional member since 2001 on my own
dime and even as staff will be sending them a check next week to renew.

It sounds like your comments are not based on first-hand knowledge. Clearly
I am biased as an AIIM employee and principal developer of the Email
Certificate Program, the 2009 update to the ERM Certificate Program, and
lead for the CIP, but the comments I have seen from the SharePoint course as
well as others have been uniformly positive. The course was NOT developed by
Microsoft, but rather by people who have implemented SharePoint - and in
particular SharePoint for records management.

So at the risk of sounding like a troll, I hope that you would consider
taking the course. And for the CIP, I hope that you would at least review
the information available at http://www.aiim.org/certification. I would not
be an AIIM employee if I didn't believe they had value to offer the
communities I am a member of, including the records management community.

Warm regards,

Jesse Wilkins, CIP, CRM
Director, Research and Development
AIIM International