From:
Andrew Warland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Jul 2012 20:19:55 +1000
Bill said

'One key shortcoming (in my opinion) is that SharePoint 2010 causes
the creation
date of content to change to the date it is moved to the records library,
losing a key piece of metadata needed to provide evidence and proof.'

Just to clarify this, when a document is moved, say from a team site to the
records centre, the 'Date Created' date in the SharePoint library it is
moved to updates to the date it was moved.  However, the 'Date Created' on
the original document does not change.  More than one person has expressed
the wish that Microsoft had used 'Date Registered' instead of using the
default 'Date Created'.

Andrew Warland
Information Architect
Uniting Care NSW.ACT