From:
Jesse Wilkins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Nov 2013 09:30:32 -0700
Esteemed colleagues, and with apologies for cross-posting:

First, it was great to see so many of you in Las Vegas this week. For those
I missed, I'm truly sorry - my favorite part of ARMA is renewing old
acquaintances and making new ones. From that perspective I thought it was a
great conference and I am looking forward even more to San Diego next year.

Now, the crux of my question. I'm involved in a number of projects here at
AIIM that focus on the issues associated with electronic records and how
best to address them. For example, digital preservation and system
decommissioning/migration are electronic-specific issues that could affect
many organizations.

My question to you is what are the other issues that are keeping you up at
night? Is it the use of employee-owned devices? Is it how to clean up your
"digital landfill" aka file shares and ungoverned SharePoint sites? Is it
applying metadata clearly and consistently across the enterprise? Is it how
to leverage analytics and predictive coding to enable or improve
autoclassification? Is it something else?

Put another way: if the folks that do the CRM were to do e.g. CRM/ERM, what
would be the things you think would need to be on it for it to be relevant?

Full disclosure: I continue to work at AIIM as HQ staff and your responses
may be used (anonymously) to help shape my thinking as I grapple with a
number of different ERM-focused initiatives.

I would welcome any thoughts you have. Please feel free to ping me directly
at [log in to unmask] or [log in to unmask]; I would also be willing to
chat with you by phone if that is more appropriate. And again I will not
disclose any individuals' specific comments; if sufficient comments are
received that I think it would be valuable I will post them back here.

--
Regards,

Jesse Wilkins, CIP, CRM, IGP
Director, Research & Development