From:
Jesse Wilkins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Dec 2013 19:29:54 -0700
<snip>
"All Ethics Committee proceedings are confidential. No information on the
case, either factual or non-factual, will be presented to the Board. The
ruling of the Ethics Committee will be final. The Committee will seal the
file after all business has been completed. The sealed file will be placed
in the archives of the ICRM and confidentially destroyed after 10 years."
</snip>

Three immediate thoughts:
1. This doesn't seem like it provides much in the way of transparency, nor,
on the face of it, due process. I am not now nor have I ever been an EC
member or otherwise affiliated with the Board of Regents except as a
consumer, so if my understanding is incorrect I apologize in advance. I'd
be curious as to the reasoning behind this - and whether it was done on
advice of counsel.

2. On the other hand, depending on how much people are paying attention, it
wouldn't be difficult to discern that, say, Jesse Wilkins, who used to be a
CRM, has suddenly stopped using the designation, and in the absence of any
other information such as retirement, moving out of the industry, etc.,
make certain speculations.

3. Were I the accused, and were I to know the allegations to be spurious, I
would make absolutely certain that everyone involved in such an accusation
and all relevant documentary materials relating to it were made public and
I would expect/demand an additional step in the process regarding an ethics
inquiry into the accuser if he or she were also a CRM or candidate (IIRC
you have to agree to the code before being actually awarded the CRM but I
don't recall precisely when).

Otherwise I agree with the general gist of the topic - seems like an
effective records program and documentation of its being followed or any
issues with said would largely safeguard a records manager or practitioner
from legal sanctions absent specific criminal behavior on the part of that
individual.

--
My thoughts on a crisp Wednesday evening somewhere in Maryland,

Jesse Wilkins, CIP, CRM, IGP
Denver, CO
blog: http://informata.blogspot.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/jessewilkins