From:
Jesse Wilkins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Nov 2006 16:59:53 -0700
DoD does do certification of the vendors - it's a pretty rigorous process.
DoD 5015: http://jitc.fhu.disa.mil/recmgt/p50152s2.pdf
The test procedures: http://jitc.fhu.disa.mil/recmgt/ch2v7_5.doc
The registry of certified products:
http://jitc.fhu.disa.mil/recmgt/register.html

However, I am unaware of any certification regime done by or required by
SEC, but there are some particular recordkeeping requirements. The most
likely suspects are the requirements found within SEC 17a-3 and 17a-4
(properly  17 CFR 240.17a-3 and  17 CFR 240.17a-4), addressing things like
non-rewritable, non-erasable storage, keeping a second copy of the indexes,
etc.

Hope this helps,

Jesse Wilkins
CDIA+, LIT, ICP, edp, ermm, ecms
IMERGE Consulting
(303) 574-1455 office
(303) 484-4142 fax
YIM: jessewilkins8511
Looking for the latest education on electronic records, email, and imaging?
Visit http://www.imergeconsult.com/schedule2.html for a current schedule of
courses.