From:
John Milligan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Milligan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Mar 2014 04:57:49 -0700
 COME ONE, COME ALL!!  16th Annual ARMA Metro Maryland Spri

 COME ONE, COME ALL!!  16th Annual ARMA Metro Maryland Spring Seminar, "Cloudy With a Chance of Records: Forecasts for Successful Information Governance," Wednesday, April 9, 2014

The Universities at Shady Grove, Rockville, MD

Attendee Signup/Registration Details at: http://www.eventbrite.com/event/10898075437

Vendor/Sponsor Registration Details at: http://www.eventbrite.com/event/10912446421

More and more organizations, large and small, government and private, are turning to the cloud for their records and information management solutions. Cloud-based services offer flexibility, efficiency and cost savings for email management, business systems, enterprise content and records management.

Have cloud solutions become the one and only answer for all our RIM requirements? How do we know exactly what type of services we need and whether they are the right ones for our program? Can we successfully incorporate our recordkeeping requirements into these solutions? In the popular children’s story, a fictional town’s idyllic weather unexpectedly and inexplicably takes a turn for the worse and starts devastating the community. Similarly, well-intentioned cloud initiatives can suddenly get out of control and jeopardize the goal of improved information governance.

Join us at the ARMA Metropolitan Maryland Chapter’s Annual Spring seminar on April 9, 2014, for a day of presentations, discussions and networking, where we will learn about cloud services for records management and storage, examine various cloud initiatives and hear from the experts about how to ensure successful cloud implementations. Learn what makes them successful, planned and unplanned challenges, and what precautions can be taken and pitfalls to avoid to avert disaster.

Our program line up includes keynote presentations from Allison Stanton - US Department of Justice and Jason R. Baron, Esq. – Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP; Mark Patrick – US Department of Defense Joint Staff; and a panel of practitioners and implementers from Alfresco, Gimmal, UBIC, and Symantec and others.

Location:

Universities at Shady Grove, Building III, Room 3241, Crockett Theatre
9630 Gudelsky Drive, Rockville, Maryland 20850

Time:

Registration begins at 8:00 am
Program begins at 9:00 am and will conclude at 4:00 pm

Regular Registration:
$35 for Students
$75 for ARMA Members
$90 for non-ARMA Members

Late Registration (after April 7): Non-ARMA rate; Walk-ins Admitted

Thanks to our Sponsors so far!!

NetSmith

Zimmerman Associates

Gimmal