Date:
Thu, 2 Mar 2006 17:38:04 GMT
A question has come up here about the retention of thesis records. Up to this point, hard copies have been maintained and backed up on fiche, but the library is considering going to an all electronic format, for both access and retention purposes. I am lobbying to continue to film these. I have been accused of being a dinosaur, and while this may be the case, I am concerned about long term access to these. I would be interested to know how other universities are handling this issue. Thanks for any input.

Chris Wydman
University Records Manager
Wright State University