From:
Ghyslain Sabourin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Mar 2006 13:02:27 -0500
University level education and customized alphabet soup characters after
your name does not necessarily generate a perception of "seriousness".
Just look at the librarians. From the old BLS which was necessary once
upon a time to MLS which was de rigueur not so long ago down to the
modern day MLIS and MIsT [and a variety of others]. They are still part
of the woodwork, considered out of date [I had a senior government
official tell me my MLIS was out of date and essentially worthless -
"get recycled" were her very words before she handed me a pink slip]. I
think the librarians are looking at the CRM certification and the high
salaries they command with envy.

More flame-bait I guess ...

Ghyslain Sabourin
Director, Records Management