From:
Dan Jones <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Sep 2009 08:33:47 -0400
Hello everyone,

After 17 years, I'm taking an early retirement offer from my employer and
my last day at Honda is tomorrow, Sept. 4.   Its been a fantastic journey
- being part of the team to set up the first RIM program here at the
manufacturing group in central Ohio; designing and building our on-site
records center, developing retention schedules,designing and implementing
an email retention management tool, developing a new 'big bucket'
retention schedule, assisting other Honda facilities in North America set
up or improve their RIM programs, introducing micrographics and imaging
systems, developing and conducting training and auditing ....  Not often
does one get the opportunity and resources to pretty much be able to do
whatever it takes to set up a terrific RIM program.  And of course, the
great bunch of people I've had the honor of hiring and training to make it
all work so well.  My replacement will be Scott Whipps who came over from
IT to take over my responsibilities.  He will be joining the listserv
shortly.

I want to thank everyone on the listserv for their great advice and
guidance over the years.  While I haven't been a regular public
contributor, (I usually reply directly to others), I have, like most
listserv members, greatly benefited from the combined knowledge of the
group.  Thanks especially to those of you who keep this thing going.

I'll continue to be involved with RIM, as I would like to work part time
on projects as a contractor/consultant.  In a year or two, my wife and I
(now empty-nesters since our son is away at OSU -go bucks) plan to move
from Marysville back to the Kettering OH area to be closer to family.   It
will take at least a year for me to get rid of enough 'stuff' to make a
move possible.  I'm a big collector or various oddball things - all good
'stuff' (however my wife uses a slightly different term)... a result of
being hooked on eBay....

So, to all my friends on the listserv, in ARMA and at Cohasset/MER,  a
heartfelt thanks for your support and friendship over the years.

Thank you and take care,

Dan Jones
Honda of America Mfg.
Records Administrator, Legal Dept.
Records Information Center
937.642.5000  X61239

email:  [log in to unmask]
address: 19926 Parrott Blvd., Marysville OH 43040
phone: 937-642-7843

Confidentiality Notice:
This transmission (including any attachments) may contain confidential information belonging to the sender and is intended only for the use of the party or entity to which it is addressed.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, retention or the taking of action in reliance on the contents of this transmission is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this transmission in error, please immediately notify the sender and erase all information and attachments.