From:
WALLIS Dwight D <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 May 2010 15:16:28 -0700
Annemarie, I think card sorting is a great idea, one I might use as we
move down the functional retention scheduling path. Like all analysis
tools, it can only go so far, and its usefulness will depend on the
context - for some departments further sorting may be useful, for
others, not.

Its possible, if I may, that the lack of agreement is a sign of a lack
of proper facilitation, not necessarily the tool being used. Might I
suggest you check with your training people (if you have a training
department) and ask if they can provide help in meeting facilitation?
Oftentimes, having a neutral third party facilitator can really clear
the air, and move you beyond the mechanics of the given tools/approaches
being used.

Dwight Wallis, CRM
Records Administrator
Multnomah County Records Management Program
1620 SE 190th Avenue
Gresham, OR 97233
phone: (503)988-3741
fax: (503)988-3754