From:
"Allen, Doug" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Mar 2008 15:58:44 -0500
I believe that any research on this topic will reveal that the financial
or insurance institutions, not their subcontracted storage vendors bear
the regulatory burdens.  I don't believe that an insurance firm, or a
financial institution can outsource their responsibilities to anyone
else.  That's why it is so important for those who outsource records
storage to understand their requirements first, then to incorporate
those requirements into a contract with a vendor.

Douglas P. Allen, CRM, CDIA+