From:
Earl Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Sep 2016 15:02:45 -0400
Carmen, one lesson-learned that we went through awhile back revolved around
the lighting vs. shelving arrangement in the file room.  Unfortunately, I
wasn't involved in the shelving installation until after the fact, but the
aisles that the mobile shelving created were perpendicular (not parallel)
to the rows of lighting in the ceiling above, and created some very dark
shadowy areas within those aisles.  This made it almost impossible to see
or read anything on the lower shelves so we ended ip just not using those
shelves for files, but rather for storing objects.

Also, be sue you understand fire codes for the appropriate distance between
the top shelf and any sprinkler heads you may have in your file room. Floor
load capacity is another concern--but I'm sure you're aware of all of
that.  There may also be some help available if you do an Internet search
on this topic.

Good luck! I'm sure you'll get other great responses.

Thanks.
Earl
Earl Johnson, Jr., CRM