From:
"David Kay, MLS" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 May 2010 17:39:15 -0400
But my point is that we won't know how often to migrate (from obsolete hard
drive to 3 1/4" floppy then to CD-R etc.) unless we act too prematurely and
try to save everything.

But electronic records don't go through the same defined stages of lifecycle
(creation, use/management, disposition).  Today electronic records are used
concurrently for many different purposes by many different departments
converted to many different formats simultaneously before they are ready for
the archive or even defined as a record.

Is everything considered an electronic record?  Is there a way to make sure
that only the "final" version is a record, as opposed to all the previous
drafts and e-correspondence related to it?

David Kay